Unique selling points of wireless transmission to wired equipment
- The modular construction of our patented system allows use of many different cameras and measuring devices, also in combination with each other, which transmit data wirelessly, and which can be individually called up and controlled. Reception and control of any number of stations is possible. Thus it is also possible for an operation headquarters in an operations command vehicle or building to receive all camera signals and data, to call up the desired information for individual pieces of equipment by radio and to control cameras.
- Recording, evaluation of use of equipment for furnishing proof and documentation, training or determining the source of a fire.
- Passing on of all received live data using equipment from our partner Indanet AG over UMTS, GSM or satellite for the main fire station or central crisis management teams, also for international support teams.
- Not limited to a fixed location, flexible in use. It is possible to add to the system at any time.
- Also any existing thermal imaging cameras of all makes can be attached.
- Transmission from all cameras and of data with a high transmission rate.
- Encrypted transmission is possible.
Advantages of our new digital technology:
- A significantly improved picture quality, high data transmission rates for transmission of additional data.
- The digital diversity receiver (basis station) operates with 2 antennae which both receive signals at the same time. Both reception inputs are continuously compared so that a very good picture quality is always achieved.
- New: the previous option for combining operations with a thermal imaging camera can now also be achieved for a weather station with which also the wind direction and GPS are transmitted. This is particularly important for disasters involving chemicals.
- Further measuring devices such as gas measuring devices can be integrated in and their output data sent by radio as required.
- It was developed and tested in a cooperation with the Institut der Feuerwehr Sachsen-Anhalt Heyrothsberge, and technical support from VTQ Querfurt and BF Frankfurt/Main, and, today, is being used throughout the whole world.
- Options for use of the system include: for fire brigades, emergency management DB, gas distribution network operators, rescue services, technical relief organisations.
Simultaneous, optical information from all sides direct from the place of action is a major aid for operational command, for allowing rapid reactions and introduction of necessary, targeted measures. They protect the tasks forces as well life, health and property, plant and equipment.
Advantages of our COFDM (digital) wireless system compared to a WLAN
- freer selection of the frequency to use, for example 2.3 GHz, and therefore transmission in an unused frequency range; WLAN systems mainly operate in the 2.4 GHz ISM range, which is heavily used by a large number of analogue radio-operated systems and other WLAN systems, and is very prone to interference.
- significantly higher transmission powers are achievable of up to 10W and therefore higher ranges can be achieved, also where there are obstacles in the way (WLAN systems: only 100 mW)
- reflections are a very favorable thing for us - a freely adjustable modulation process and therefore one which is appropriate for the area of application (QPSK for coverage ranges for a very robust connection, 16QAM for a very high quality, for high transmission security), and therefore also no problems for mobile, movable use of the transmitter (and moving pictures)
- a full image refresh rate of 25 pictures / sec. and therefore smooth presentation of the pictures
- a very short delay time in the video transmission (5-9 ms)
- WLAN systems operate on a narrow bandwidth. The narrower the bandwidth, the lower the possibility for passage of the data. This is why, with a WLAN, there are long delays, a poor picture quality and resolution, particularly for moving pictures or if the transmitter is moving (also for movement on a swivel/tilting head)
New: Advantages of the ORCA - low delay digital wireless system
The ORCA video digital wireless system offers a range of advantages.
- Very little delay of just 5-9 ms in the picture transmission, therefore particularly suitable for use as a video control system for wireless controlling tasks of all kinds
- The Diversity receiver with 2 receiver tuners compensates for reflections and obliterations occurring during radio transmission and allows very stable image transmission, which has its advantages, particularly for mobile applications
- Can be obtained in many frequency and output ranges
- Optionally available with 256 bit encryption
- Can be combined with various housing variants for internal and external applications, mobile or stationary, also in plastic hard shell cases
- Can be combined with various additional components such as displays and a video recorder